Necklace & Pendants
- Collar length will measure between 12” - 14” and will fit tightly around the neck. This was a very popular length in the 50s.
- Choker length will measure between 15” - 16” and will sit at the base of the neck.
- Princess length will measure between 17” - 19” and sit at the collar bone. This is the most common necklace length today.
- Matinee length will measure between 20” – 23” and sit between the collarbone and bust.
- Opera length will measure between 24” - 29” and sits at the breast or slightly below.
- Rope or Lariat length will measures over 30” and may hang to the waist.
Keep in mind that the size of your neck, your height and proportions will determine where a necklace lays on you. If you have a necklace that you like the fit, use that as your guide to finding the best necklace for you. Once you know your ideal length, keep in mind pendant size and drop measurements.
What to do if you find a necklace you like yet it's too short? You can purchase an extender that attaches to your necklace. For long necklaces, consider doubling to wear it at a short length. Giving you two looks with one necklace!
Keep in mind a bracelet's material will impact the fit of the bracelet. A thick chunky bead bracelet may measure as 7" yet really would only fit a 6 3/4" wrist. When purchasing bracelets know how loose you want to wear it so you purchase the appropriate size. At 24 Wishes we list the "best fit" size which takes in consideration the material vs. the actual length so you can make better purchasing decisions.
Average Wrist Measurement
6″ to 6-3/8″ = Small
6-1/2″ to 6-7/8″ = Average
7″ to 7-1/4″= Large